enke: Ignition Program
THE IGNITION PROGRAM EXPERIENCE
The enke: Ignition Program works with exceptional young adults, connecting them to a diverse, active network, equipping participants with skills and experience to increase employability, and inspiring entrepreneurial thinking in young people entering the workplace.
enke: Igniters commit to a 6-month action-oriented volunteer program where they gain practical skills in leadership, facilitation and project design, gaining exposure to professional and personal development opportunities.
Through the enke: Ignition Program, participants have had the opportunity to:
- Meet and be inspired by their peers and other young South Africans who are driving change in their communities.
- Hear from and meet inspirational speakers and leaders of our time such as Clem Sunter, Dr. Mamphela Ramphele, Chris Bradford, Somizin Mhlongo and more.
- Be part of an eTV News special on Youth Day.
- Attend the Discovery Invest In Leadership Summit which included speakers like Tony Blair, Pravin Gordhan and Adrian Gore while networking with executives from Discovery and other major corporations.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE IGNITION PROGRAM
Training: 3 Day training retreat to improve skills in leadership, communication, resilience, critical thinking and self awareness. Be inspired, learn how to facilitate and lead others.
Innovate: Participate in the Social Innovation Challenge and design a project that takes an innovative approach to solve a social issue you are passionate about. Through the partnership with Discovery, there will be awesome opportunities and recognition for the top projects.
Experience: Get practical facilitation and mentorship experience leading Grade 10 & 11 students through enke’s flagship program, the enke: Forum. Make your mark on future leaders and your peers.
Network: Connect with like-minded, dynamic people who are excited about driving social change, and have access to enke’s diverse network of our corporate partnerships.
Recognition: Those who complete the program receive letters of recognition, attend a celebratory dinner event in their honour and access to further professional development opportunities.
2013 IGNITION PROGRAM DATES
Igniter Training Retreat: Johannesburg: 15 – 17 March 2013 or Cape Town: 22 – 24 March 2013
Skills Development Days: Johannesburg: 21 April 2013 or Cape Town: 20 April 2013
Social Innovation Challenge: 30 March – 5 May 2013
2013 enke: Forum: Johannesburg: 23 – 30 June 2013 or Cape Town: 6 – 13 July 2013
To apply: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and the answers to the following 4 questions:
1. What leadership training and/or experience have you had? Please elaborate on your key learnings from your experiences in leadership.
2. Tell us about a project that you planned and implemented.
3. Why are you interested in participating in this program?
4. What is 1 social issue that you are passionate about and would like to see addressed?
For more information or if you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
The application period for 2013 enke: Igniters will close on at 11:59pm Wednesday, 13 February 2013 (please note this is a deadline extension). Successful applications will be interviewed and final selection will be announced by the beginning of March 2013.