The ALA Prize
The African Leadership Academy Prize is an award for young African leaders aged 15-20 who have developed and implemented innovative solutions to challenges facing their communities. This Prize recognizes young people whose passion for Africa is a drive to design and develop projects that transform their communities and the continent and gives you the chance to win upto $70,000USD.
YOU – yes YOU are exactly what they are looking for!
For all the hard work you’ve put into your CAPs since the forum – stand a chance to win $70,000USD!!!
Even for those who don’t win, 8 finalists get a once in a lifetime week long entrepreneurship training course at ALA.
Because we here at enke believe so strongly in you and your CAP, we’re going to pick 3 of you intending to apply for the ALA Prize and workshop your idea with you. We have organized a team of experienced MBA students from The Emzingo Group ready to take your CAP to the next level – give you that edge to win this award.
If you intend to apply for the Prize send us an application form (detailed below), we’ll then chose 3 projects and help you take your project to the next level.
To take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, send in an application form through to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information below.
Personal info (name, school, age etc).
1. Project name
2. Issue aiming to tackle.
3. Project description (100 words or less, bullet points accepted)
4. Implementation stage (planning, preparation, mid-implementation, finished first implementation).
5. Impact (use real numbers if you have already implemented at least one part of your project, if you have not completed anything yet please give realistic estimates with target dates –
a) Money raised
b) Money spent
c) Goods donated
d) Duration of project – start and finish dates
e) Number of actions/meetings (eg. how many events held, lessons run)
f) Number of people in team
g) Number of people directly impacted
h) What are you looking for to see if you have created change
i) Any other information about impact you would like to include
(NB: Not all sections will be relevant for all projects)
6. If you have already completed a project do you intend to run the same project again, to run another project or are you satisfied with the impact you have created?
7. What part of your project would you most like help with? Try to come up with one question you would like to ask and work through with experts if you got the chance.
8. If you won the ALA prize and were given $70,000 (US) what would you spend it on?
Looking forward to hearing from you!!!